Are you moving Ontario from another province?
Moving Ontario can be stressful and there’s a lot to think about before you move and after you have moved. Real Estate Movers offer the following tips on what you need to know when moving to Ontario.
Ontario is one of the 13 provinces and territories of Canada and is located in east-central Canada. It is Canada’s most populous province accounting for 38.3 percent of the country’s population, and is the second-largest province in total area. Ontario is fourth-largest in total area when the territories of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut are included. It is home to the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, and the nation’s most populous city, Toronto, which is also Ontario’s provincial capital.
Before Moving Ontario
Whether moving to a different province, some of the things you will want to research before you move include:
- Proximity of schools, transportation, and other amenities like shopping, recreation, etc.
- Proximity of your new location to your work
- Proximity of hospitals and other medical facilities, especially if a family member has medical needs
Moving to Ontario resources to assist you.
- Driver’s licence renewal
- Enhanced driver’s licence
- Pay defaulted fines and driver’s licence reinstatement
- Get an accessible parking permit
- Renew, replace or change an accessible parking permit
- Driver records
- Change address: driver’s licence
- First-time driver: get a licence
- Renew a driver’s licence: outside Ontario
- Exchange out-of-province or out-of-country driver’s licence
- Replace a lost, stolen or damaged driver’s licence
- Renew a G driver’s licence: 80 years and over
- Sign up for email renewal reminders
- Health card renewal, replacement and cancellation
- Switch to a photo health card
- First-time health card
- Change address: health card
- Organ and tissue donation registration
Let us help you settle in
The last thing you want when your property arrives is a moving Alberta company that dumps and runs. At Real Estate Movers , we’re not finished until you’re completely satisfied. And we unload and unpack with as much care as we packed and loaded.
And, of course, if you have any concerns or in the unlikely event anything is lost or damaged, we promise a prompt response.
Simply call your agent, our customer service department at +1 (877) 992 – 4766