Moving Alberta with local moving companies.
Alberta is a great place to live. Before you Moving Alberta, there are things you need to consider and steps to take to ensure that the move is successful.
From Within Canada
When you are considering moving Alberta from another Canadian province or territory with local moving companies, there are important things to think about and things to do before you leave.
Some things to think about.
- Find out how to work in your field in Alberta.
- Do you work in a regulated occupation or trade? You may need to take examinations or get licensed or accredited.
- Get your educational credentials and qualifications assessed.
- If you earned your credentials outside of Canada, you may need an educational credential assessment. This will help Alberta employers to understand your educational qualifications.
- Find out about the cost of living in Alberta.
- Explore wages and salaries, and learn about the price of utilities and consumer goods.
- Will you or a family member need access to education?
- You will need to find out which schools and institutions offer the training or program you need.
- Explore different communities.
- What is most important to you in a new community? Do you prefer rural or city living? For example, do you need access to good schools or public transportation?
- Find a place to live.
- Will you rent or buy your new home? You may need to find short-term housing while you explore different options and find out what’s available.
- Learn about driving in Alberta.
- If you have a license from another part of Canada, you must exchange it for an Alberta license within 90 days after you arrive. You also need to change your car registration to an Alberta registration within 90 days.
Some things to do before you leave
- Gather important documents.
- Important documents include:
personal and legal documents such as wills and medical records
- Gather work reference letters.
- Gather landlord reference letters.
- Prepare to get health insurance.
You will need to get a new provincial health card. Gather your medical and immunization records, and get copies of any prescriptions.
Let us help you settle in
The last thing you want when your property arrives is a moving Alberta company that dumps and runs. At Real Estate Movers , we’re not finished until you’re completely satisfied. And we unload and unpack with as much care as we packed and loaded. local moving companies
And, of course, if you have any concerns or in the unlikely event anything is lost or damaged, we promise a prompt response. Simply call your agent, our customer service department at +1 (877) 992 – 4766